THE C.R. SANDIDGE WINES

2017 Whistle Punk

Red Blend

Syrah 95%
Merlot 5%

The 2017 vintage growing season rates a solid 8.5 edging towards a 9.0 on a scale of 0 to 10. Grape growers were dealt an excellent growing season and…. there was no incidence of the dreaded “smoke taint” in the Lake Chelan AVA vineyards.

95% of the fruit was harvested from the Tsillan Cellars vineyard while the remaining 5% was grown in the Amos Rome Vineyard which are located in the Lake Chelan AVA.

Harvest: Hand-picked and sorted.

Fermentation: Destemmed and crushed without stems into 1 ½ ton stainless steel fermentation bins. Inoculated with Pasteur Red yeast within one hour of crushing. Two punch downs of cap per 24 hours. Fermented on the skins for ten days whereby the wine was drained from the fermentation bin and the cap pressed – off. Wine allowed to ferment to less than 2g/liter residual sugar.

Fifty percent new American oak barrels utilized with the balance being neutral barrels. Seventeen months of barrel aging.

Malo-lactic Fermentation: Native bacteria utilized.

Filtration Level: Very tight at bottling.

A lovely ruby red color tilting towards purple greets your sense of sight when pouring the wine into your glass.  Aromas and flavors are ripe plums, rose petals, herbs and caramel.   

Grilled lamb kebabs slathered with a port – ripe fig reduction sauce will do nicely.  Serve with saffron rice and apple – fennel coleslaw.  We thank-you for your friendship and support.  Enjoy!!
CLICK HERE FOR RECIPE

Wine Specs

Specification Value
Alcohol Percentage: 14.1%
pH: 3.59
Acidity: 5.7 grams per liter
Residual Sugar: 2g/liter
Cases Produced: 188
AVA: Lake Chelan

Non-Member Pricing

Bottle Price: $35.00
Case Discount: 15%

Club Member Pricing

Bottle Price: $28.00
Case Discount: 30%