THE C.R. SANDIDGE WINES
The 2017 vintage growing season rates a solid 8.5 edging towards a 9.0 on a scale of 0 to 10. Grape growers were dealt an excellent growing season and…. there was no incidence of the dreaded “smoke taint” in the Lake Chelan or Horse Heaven Hills AVA vineyards.
87% of the fruit was harvested from the Amos Rome vineyard which is located in the Lake Chelan AVA. The remaining 3% was harvested from the Phinney Hill vineyard located in the Horse Heaven Hills AVA.
- Harvest: Hand-picked and sorted.
- Fermentation: Destemmed and crushed without stems into 1 ½ ton stainless steel fermentation bins. Inoculated with Pasteur Red yeast within one hour of crushing. Two punch downs of cap per 24 hours. Fermented on the skins for nine days whereby the wine was drained from the fermentation bin and the cap pressed – off. Wine allowed to ferment to less than 2g/liter residual sugar.
- Seventy-five percent new French oak barrels utilized with the balance being neutral barrels. Twenty months of barrel aging.
- Malo-lactic Fermentation: Native bacteria utilized.
- Filtration Level: Very tight at bottling.
A deep purple – red color greets your sense of sight when pouring the wine into your glass. Aromas and flavors are; ripe black cherry and raspberry fruits with a healthy dose of sweet vanilla bean and graham cracker compliments of the French oak barrels.
A bowl filled with sautéed wild mushrooms seasoned with nothing but salt and pepper. Add toast points made from chewy sourdough bread and the meal is complete. We thank-you for your friendship and support. Enjoy!!
– Winemaker, Ray Sandidge
|Acidity:||5.6 grams per liter|